As a member of a regulated profession, maintaining your registration requires active participation beyond simply paying your annual fees. To maintain your membership, you must:
- Ensure you have professional liability insurance of at least $2,000,000 in coverage, as required under NBAREA By-laws.
- Comply with NBAREA’s continuing professional development requirements. All NBAREA members must complete:
- Appraising in NB in the first 12 months after becoming registered and then once in every second CPD cycle (every four years) thereafter.
- a review of CUSPAP (for AIC members) or USPAP (for CNAREA members) every two years.
- a minimum of 24 CPD credits every two years
- Keep your contact information up to date (email and mailing address and phone number). NBAREA sends important information by email and/or mail. Ensure you check your email and mail regularly to avoid missing deadlines or important updates that could impact your practice.
- AIC and CNAREA members must complete a criminal record check with renewal each year.